Download Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK
Get the Magisk Zip (Magisk 20.3 Zip) and Magisk Manager APK (Magisk Manager 7.5.1 APK) for any Android device. In this page, you will be able to download the official Magisk files from the developer’s GitHub source. Magisk is developed and maintained by the legendary Android developer topjohnwu and is the top choice for the users who want to root their Android device.
The Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK provided by us is 100% free of cost. There is no need to pay a penny to use this software.
Magisk is 100% secure and you can use it with complete peace of mind. It is created and maintained by XDA Senior Developer topjohnwu.
Magisk Framework is compatible with almost all latest versions of Android. It also supports phones from all Android OEMs without any issues.
Magisk is completely open source and it’s source code is available in github. Anyone can contribute to it’s development!
We have all the versions of the Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager which collectively support every single Android device out there.
The Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK available on this page are always updated to the latest version as and when a new update is available.
Magisk is the most popular and go-to Android rooting solution which comes in the form of a Android flashable zip file. We can simply flash the Magisk flshable zip file via TWRP recovery to root an Android device. It is completely open-source and is also actively developed by the XDA Senior developer topjohnwu. Magisk came into existence in the year 2016 as an alternative way to root Android devices. Back then SuperSU by Chainfire was the only rooting solution available for Android devices.
The Magisk comes in the form of a zip file which can be flashed via custom recovery such as TWRP in order to achieve root on Android devices. Once you have flashed the Magisk Zip file via TWRP, you can handle the front end activities, including but not limited to manager root access, via an App called Magisk Manager.
What is Magisk Zip?
The Magisk Zip is a Android flashable zip file which helps you to root any Android device. You can simply flash the Magisk Zip file via a custom recovery such as TWRP Recovery in order root your Android device. Once you successfully flash the Magisk Zip file, it will automatically root your Android device. Besides, it will also install the Magisk Manager app using which you can control the various aspects and tweak the settings of the Magisk.
What is Magisk Manager APK?
Magisk Manager is an Android app that helps the user to manage the various aspects of the Magisk Framework on their Android devices. Whenever you root your Android device by flashing Magisk Zip via TWRP Recovery, Magisk Manager will also be installed automaically. But in some rare cases, this may not happen and you might have to root your Android with Magisk using a different approach. That is where Magisk Manager APK comes into play. Some devices with restrictions can be rooted by simply installing the Magisk Manager and using a patched boot image file of the device. There is also a normal method to install magisk directly within the Magisk Manager app.
Magisk Manager was initially available through Google Play Store but was later kicked off from it due to what Google likes to call as ‘Policy Violation’. Ever since, users who like to manage magisk framework were required to download the Magisk Manager APK file and sideload the same on their Android devices.
Magisk Zip Download
|File Name||Magisk Zip|
|Updated on||January 2020|
Magisk Manager APK Download
|App Name||Magisk Manager APK|
|Updated on||January 2020|
Magisk Framework Features
You can easily carry out system/vendor partition modification on your Android device without actually tampering them. That’s right, with Magisk, you are keeping the system partitions intact. This is the reason why Magisk is called as systemless root. Magisk only modifies the boot image and installs necessary files to the /data and /cache partitions without making any changes to the /system partition.
Magisk is Open Source. This may not sound like a big deal but it actually is. Unlike SuperSU, which is proprietary to chainfire, Magisk is open source and it’s source codes are available for anyone to develop further or add functionalities.
Manage Root Access
Magisk comes with Magisk Manager which is a front-end helper app which is really easy to use. It helps you manage root privileges (grant/revoke) and also manage the Magisk Modules (we will come to that in a bit).
Install OTA Updates
You can easily install official stock ROM OTA updates if you are rooted with Magisk.
Some apps and games do not work on rooted Android devices. This is because rooted Android devices trigger Google’s SafetyNet Security Check. When an Android device is rooted with Magisk, there is an option that helps the users to hide the rooting functionality from Google’s SafetyNet Security check. More control to you!
Comes with a nifty little utility called as Resetprop which allows you to make any modifications to system properties, including read-only props.
Difference Between Magisk and SuperSU
|Actively Developed||No new development|
|Supports recent devices||No new device support|
|Ability to hide root using Magisk Hide||No built-in mechanism to hide root|
|Get more features with Magisk Modules||No enhancements|
|Active community support||Relatively less support from developers|
SuperSU has been the one-stop-solution for all Android rooting needs for a very, very long time now. It was the only major player in this area until Magisk showed up. So, now that we have two major options, Magisk and SuperSU, you might be a little be confused on which one to use. So, let us give you a brief comparison which will help you make an easy decision.
SuperSU roots your Android device by making changes to your Android device’s /system partition. What more, it even adds some necessary files to the partition. This effectively jeopardizes all and any security checks that Google might have in place. Security checks such as SafetyNet and Forced Encryption will not pass and this will cause most of the banking/financial apps to not work on your Android device. These apps include Google Pay, Netflix, etc.
Magisk, on the other hand, takes care of every single con of SuperSU and converts them into Pros. Yes, Magisk does NOT tamper your Android device’s /system partition and does not add any files to it as well. Magisk roots your Android device by simply patching the boot.img file of your Android device. And that is the reason why it is called as systemless root. This not only helps in preserving SafetyNet Status but also forced encryption can be enforced using the Magisk Manager application. Magisk also has an option called MagiskHide which hides the root status of the device from required apps on your device.
With that being said, clearly, Magisk is the winner and it is the future of Android rooting ecosystem.
How to install Magisk Zip?
Note: Make sure to take a complete backup of your device before proceeding. Installing Magisk will root your Android device.
- ownload the latest Magisk Zip file from here: Magisk Zip
- Transfer the downloaded Magisk Zip file to your phone’s internal memory.
- If your device is connected to your PC, disconnect the same.
- Reboot your device into TWRP Recovery. If you do not know the button combination to boot into TWRP, you can use the following ADB command:
adb reboot recovery
Note: You may need to enable USB Debugging before using the above command.
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery: Tap on ‘Install‘ and select the downloaded latest Magisk Zip File and ‘Swipe to confirm flash‘ to install Magisk Zip file.
- Once the above process completes, reboot your device.
That’s all. Now you have successfully installed Magisk framework (Magisk Zip) on your Android device. This process has effectively rooted your android device. Congratulations!
How to install Magisk Manager APK?
- Download the Magisk Manager APK file from the download link given at the top of this page.
- Make sure you have already installed Magisk Zip via TWRP recovery. The steps to install Magisk Zip are in the previous section.
- Copy the downloaded Magisk Manager APK to your Android device.
- Open a File Manager app of your choice and navigate to the path where you have copied the Magisk Manager APK file.
- Simply tap on the Magisk Manager APK file to start the installation process.
- If this is the first time you are trying to install an APK file, you might be asked to change a setting. Simply tap on ‘Settings‘ when you are prompted.
- In the next screen, enable the ‘Allow from this source‘ option.
- In the next screen, tap on ‘Install‘ to begin the installation.
- Wait for the Magisk Manager APK installation to complete.
- Tap on ‘Open‘ in the next screen to start using Magisk Manager.
Done! You have successfully installed Magisk Manager APK on your Android device. Open the Magisk Manager APK and start exploring more of Magisk.
How to Install Magisk Modules Zip Files
There are two way to download and install magisk modules on Android devices. We have listed them both below:
Manually Installing Magisk Module Zip Files
- Make sure you have the Magisk Module Zip file which you want to flash on your phone.
- Open the Magisk Manager App.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on ‘Modules‘.
- Tap on the Big Yellow Plus ‘+‘ button at the bottom.
- You will be asked to select the Magisk Module zip file. Browse and select the same.
- After you select the zip file, press ‘Install’ if you are asked, to flash Magisk Module via Magisk Manager App.
- The above step will flash the Magisk module. Once the flashing process completes, tap on ‘REBOOT‘ at the bottom of the screen for the changes to take effect.
Downloading Magisk Modules from Magisk Manager App
- Open Magisk Manager App.
- Tap on the Menu icon in the top left corner.
- Tap on ‘Downloads‘.
- Once you are in the download section, search for the Magisk Module you want to install. The tap on the ‘Download icon’ at the right corner.
- You will be shown a popup asking for confirmation. Tap on ‘INSTALL‘ to install Magisk Module on your device.
- Once you tap on install, the module will be flashed on your device. In the next step, be sure to tap on ‘REBOOT‘ for the changed to take effect.
What is MagiskHide?
Magisk Hide is a feature available within the Magisk Manager app which helps in hiding the root status of the device form certain apps on your Android device.
You can turn on Magisk Hide from the settings menu in the Magisk Manager app. Simply follow the below guide enable MagiskHide option on your Android device and start hiding root status from apps.
- Open Magisk Manager App and tap on the Menu button at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see the ‘Magisk Hide’ option. Make sure the enable the same.
- Now, tap on the Menu button again and select the ‘MagiskHide’ option under the same.
- Scroll until you find the app from which you have to hide the rooting status of your Android device. Simply tap on the checkbox next to the app to start hiding root status of your device.
Done. You have successfully enabled MagiskHide on your Android device. Now, you can enjoy any banking app you want on your Android device while still being rooted. Awesome, right?